Once we receive your hard copy and electronic copy application we can process it, ensuring that you’ve submitted all the required documentation and completed the application form fully.
Applications are deemed ineligible if:
- Any required supporting documents are missing
- Any questions on the application form are left unanswered
- The application is submitted on an old application form
- Only the electronic application is submitted without a hard copy version
- Only the hard copy application is submitted without an electronic version
- The application is received after the deadline of 5pm on 28th October
- The links to the Olympics are considered too weak to go to the Grants Panel
Please see the guidance notes supporting the application form for a full list of ineligibility criteria.
A list of ineligible applications with the reasons for ineligibility is sent to the Grants Panel and the Olympic Lottery Distributor (OLD) for counter checking.
All eligible applications for the Transformers Grants scheme are assessed fairly and go through a rigorous process to ensure that a good spread of projects are funded across the five boroughs.
The Grants Panel is made up of 8 independent people from the five host boroughs, an arts expert, a sports expert and a member of the ELBA team and is chaired by an independent person.
All eligible applications are sent to the Grants Panel for review as soon as they have been processed and assessed. They are then discussed at a Grants Panel meeting approximately two weeks later.
The recommendations the panel make are sent to the OLD for approval. Thus the final decision is with the OLD. This is not an automatic authorisation and applications at this stage can, and have been, rejected.
Decisions for the final round will not be announced to the applicants until Wednesday, 21st December 2011.